QB’s glulam rim boards are popular in modern construction due to their several advantages:
- Strength: Glulam is known for its exceptional strength-to-weight ratio, making it capable of supporting heavy loads without excessive bulk.
- Stability: The gluing process used in manufacturing glulam results in a stable product that is less prone to shrinking, twisting, or warping than solid lumber.
- Long spans: Glulam rim boards can be manufactured in long lengths, which reduces the need for splicing and increases design flexibility for architects and engineers.
- Sustainability: Glulam is considered an environmentally friendly choice because it uses renewable wood resources and can be sourced from sustainably managed forests.
- Consistency: Unlike solid lumber, glulam’s engineered construction ensures uniformity and predictability in its mechanical properties.
The QB Rim could be used for residential and commercial construction framing. They are often combined with other engineered wood products, such as I-joists, to create efficient and reliable building structures.
It’s important to note that while glulam rim boards offer many benefits, their use and design should follow local building codes and engineering standards to ensure safe and proper installation. Always consult a qualified structural engineer or building professional when incorporating glulam rim boards into your construction projects.